- Solution overview
- System Specifications
- Evaluation Criteria
A unique temperature-controlled packaging solution within the Life Sciences and Healthcare marketplace for the transportation of deep-frozen shipments with a required internal temperature range of -100˚C to -60˚C during transit. With its unique cardboard pack outs, highly robust casing and no intervention required throughout transit the KT400D-60 suspends products away from the dry-ice providing deep frozen, fully compliant transportation with consistent load space for +120 hours.
|KTM System||Temp range||External Dimensions||Internal Dimensions||Tare Weight|
|KT400D||-80°C to -60°C||L 1200mm x W 800mm x H 1050mm||L 1020mm x W 750mm x H 610mm*||70kg|
*Internal dimensions not including dry ice and packout.
- 120 hours product performance -20°C (frozen), +5°C (refrigerated) and +20°C (controlled room temperature)
- Can be pre-conditioned and pre-configured ready for shipment
- Unique pack-out options allowing for a multitude of different pharmaceutical packaging alternatives to be transported safely, simply and easily.
- Suitable for wide and narrow bodied aircraft and all road vehicles.
- Fewer than 0.1% temperature excursions on average (data supported from over 15,000 shipments)
- Easy load and unload process through top door access
- No external power or human intervention required during transportation
- Integrated blue tooth data logger (RTCA DO 160G Part 21 H Compliant)
- Operational Qualification completed to customer loading and shipping specification.
- Global Qualification with near zero thermal mass which stress the containers far more than step tests, reducing associated documentation by half.
- Fully reusable circular supply chain solution.
- Easy and quick reconfigure for subsequent shipments.
- Global availability through our global hub network within 24 hours or less
- Global assurance, used by a wide range of pharmaceutical companies organisations
- Under 60 seconds product load time creates minimal exposure to dry-ice and no stress to product during loading
- No dry ice top up so no risk of compliance failure or breakages
- 120+ hours consistent -80˚C to -60˚C air temperature is created throughout the payload
- The product is suspended throughout transit reducing risk of breakages
- Load space is consistent throughout transportation
Loading the KT400D
The KT400D Tower Flexi Fit Ultra Cold is ideally suited for the transportation of:
- Sartorius Celsius® FFT shell system
- Varying drum sizes
- RoSS® containers
- Mylar bags
- HDPE bottles
- Nalgene bottles
- Single API drums
- Mueller drums
- CurTec drums
Life Science Products:
- All vaccines, including C19 vaccines and ABIs
- API & diagnostic kits
- Biopharmaceutical solutions
- Diagnostics specimen samples
- Cell lines bacteria
- Micro organisms
- Proteins and other samples and solutions
- Clinical trial kits
- Any other product requiring a stable temperature environment for transportation
Data loggers are built into all Tower containers, logging internal temperatures from -95°C (-139°F) up to 50°C (122°F). Users can get text or email notification of temperature excursions, as well as automatic data downloads throughout the transit (in-flight excluded) from loggers within range of the CX Gateway device. The loggers are built to FDA, USP, EU and WHO standards.
Tower containers are designed to be used all year round to all destinations using one packaging instruction – avoiding extra levels of complication and uncertainty within either validation or operational control.
Tower’s global network operates common processes and standards delivering consistency for customers. The network offers customers access to the complete range of Tower’s products with a local team of experts available to understand specific customer needs: this ensures that Tower delivers, where and when needed.
Tower cold chain recognise the role we play in working with our stakeholders to move from a linear supply chain to a circular one - providing a solution that supports our mutual ambition of waste reduction through reusability keeping our containers in use for longer reducing the need for disposal and recycling of temperature controlled packaging.